Today saw the release of Dame Sally Coates’ report and recommendations following her review of education in prison.
The report sets out recommendations relating to:
- the current accountability framework for delivering education
- the capacity of the workforce
- the learning needs of different types of prisoners
- the ability of prisoners to access higher level learning
- the potential for IT to support education
- services available to support prisoners to get employment and/or continue their education on release.